Recovery begins the moment you ask for help
Intervention takes courage. The Eating Disorder Center of Fresno offers a simple approach to understanding complex disorders with sensitivity to coordinate and successfully help you to continue the recovery process. Through this process, patients and families are empowered to:
- Restore healthful eating patterns through actual meal preparation and dining
- Gain insight by uncovering and discovering underlying triggers of the eating disorder
- Increase communication skills with emphasis on self discovery and assertiveness
- Develop a sense of individual meaning and purpose
- Improve self-esteem and body image
- Alleviate depression and anxiety
- Improve family relationships and reduce conflict
- Integrate the biological, emotional, spiritual, and physical aspects of one’s self
- Establish a lifelong plan for recovery and wellness
- Celebrate Life!
Partial Hospitalization Program
The Eating Disorder Center of Fresno provides a level of care for patients who can live independently. Behavioral approaches, using exposure therapy and systematic desensitization are the central focus of treatment.
The Partial Hospitalization Program is six hours a day, seven days a week, and includes multiple group sessions per day. Meal preparation and support is included during these times.
Weekly appointment, when indicated, for medication management.
Weekly appointment with one of our clinicians, for individual/ family therapy.
Weekly appointment with registered dietitian.
Treatment team meets weekly to review medical necessity and level care appropriateness, including the development of an aftercare/discharge plan transitioning you to the least restrictive level of care as is safe for you.
Types of group sessions
Psycho-educational, Process, Nutritional, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Relapse Prevention, Multi-Modal Family Group, Multi-Modal Meal Support Family Group, Mindfulness Yoga, Guided Imagery, Art Therapy, Movement Therapy and Body Image, Food Log Review, Emotional Regulation.
The Eating Disorder Center of Fresno has a strong Aftercare Program for both patients and families. The Aftercare Program provides on-going support of peers, with staff oversight, after completion of other programs. Aftercare is a critical component to treatment success and key to maintaining newly acquired recovery from an eating disorder. Our weekly group meets to reinforce the tools of recovery and provide support and relapse prevention. The Aftercare Program is a transitional step from our formal treatment programs to the outpatient treatment team.